Inside the Self-Sabotaging Mind

What percentage of the time is your mind working for you rather than against you? That’s a simple question that packs a punch. It’s also at the heart of a concept called Positive Intelligence.

We all know about IQ and even EQ (Emotional Intelligence), but I had never heard of PQ before until now. 

We’re big on development here at DEUCE and the leadership here is responsible for driving the development of one’s craft and themselves as a person each year. I’m in the midst of a six-week developmental course on Positive Intelligence and it’s eye opening work. 

Without getting into the techniques and practices, I think it’s important to acknowledge that we all have parts of our mind that sabotage our best selves. The course would refer to this as one’s internal “saboteur”. I’m getting to know mine and think it would build great self-awareness if everyone got to know theirs. But, I’m getting ahead of myself. 

Sit with the original question. “How often is your mind working for you rather than against you?” 

Lean in. 

1/31/24 WOD

DEUCE Athletics GPP

Complete 4 rounds of the following:
3 Wall Walks
10 Staggered Leg DB RDLs (ea)
40-Yard Sandbag Carry

Mini METCON Re-Test
Complete 2 rounds for time:
20 alt KB Overhaed Reverse Lunges (44/35)
10 Double KB Swing
5 KB Front Rack Squats
Bull Run

DEUCE Garage GPP

5-5
Sumo Deadlift

Complete 3 rounds for quality of:
10 Pendlay Rows
20 Alt 1-Leg Toes-to-Bar

Then, complete 6 rounds for time of:
250m Row
-Rest as needed-