Logan Gelbrich

Born in Santa Monica, Logan feels right at home coaching at DEUCE Gym. With a background in collegiate (University of San Diego) and professional (San Diego Padres) baseball, Logan is used to high performance, heavy workloads, and accountability. Luckily, Logan was blessed enough to work with world renowned strength and conditioning coaches, sports psychologists, and nutritionists during his career. It’s during this time that the seeds were sown for the belief system that led him to both the CrossFit Games and Strongman Nationals. These experiences guide his coaching today. Forever a “student of the game,” Logan is always looking to strengthen and question his understanding of humans. Today his work includes his best selling book, Going Right: A Logical Justification for Pursuing Your Dreams, and diverse offerings of education in leadership and group dynamics via the 'Hold the Standard' Summit, online education, and consultancy.

A Man, His Truck, a Wench, and Pure Mastery

The most exceptional expression of skill I’ve ever seen came almost ten years ago. It involves one man, a truck, and a single wench. If you’ve been to DEUCE Garage,

Read the Blog

The Human History of War Fighting Distilled into One Word

Maybe no one has a more important body of work in the realm of military strategy and history than B.H. Liddell Hart. His renowned text, Strategy, combs through classic conflicts

Read the Blog

The Biggest Trap in Adult Decision Making

It’s simple: “I won’t try something if I don’t know how.” This self-sealing trap takes on circular reasoning. This basically means that the premise presumes the conclusion to the argument.

Read the Blog

One Lesson After Writing 3,000 Articles in a Row

You know, when it comes to best things that I’ve done in my life, I find it’s hard to answer a simple question about them: “What for?” Most literally, what’s

Read the Blog

A Case Against Knowing: We Can’t Even Measure Our Coastline

Google: how long is the California coastline? Whether you’re interested in the truth about that factor or not, I’ve got a point here. The California Coastal Commision claims 1,100 miles

Read the Blog