Set a Timer

I’ll get to it later..
It can wait till tomorrow..
I’m not ready..
It doesn’t really matter anyway..

If you’re a human being, surely, you can relate to one of the above statements. In so many ways, being wired for survival is wonderful – just stay alive, and the rest is gravy. Ya know? But, what about when it comes to creating and sharing something new? If our life doesn’t depend on something, what’s the incentive to do it?

Well, a few years ago I read a quote on procrastination, attributed to an unknown author, and it has stuck with me ever since. I may even have shared this in a previous blog post before! Nevertheless, here it is again:

“There is no such thing as procrastination. There is only “I’m interested” or “I’m not interested enough.” 

You there, reading this. I can imagine that you’ve got a long list of would-like-to-do’s just as meaningful as whatever’s currently on your (have-to)-to-do list. So, a short & sweet two-part consideration for you to get the ball rolling today.

1.     Relative to the task at hand, ask yourself: Am I interested in this enough to pursue it? If the answer is yes… onwards to step 2. If the answer is no, quit wasting your time and move onto something you can work towards!
  2.     Set a timer, no longer than 15 minutes, and demand from yourself that you take action towards whatever task at hand it is you’re addressing. Be mindful: we’re not looking for perfection, let alone anything profound here. Keep it binary – this is a matter of you honoring your integrity, or not. When that timer goes off, you either made progress or you didn’t. Period.

Nature rewards forward movement and momentum is infectious. As always, KEEP GOING, okay?!

8/24/21 WOD

DEUCE ATHLETICS

Complete 5 rounds for quality of: 

3 Deadlift
8 Body Saw

Then, complete 2 rounds of the following for time:

1 6th Street Hill Runs
100 Double Unders
1 Block Run
100 Double Unders

DEUCE BACKLOT

EMOM 6