Kimmy Moss

Originally from Northern Virginia, Kimmy is a high-voltage human with a passion for optimal experience. She has a Bachelor’s and a Master’s degree in Communication from George Mason University, where she was a two-sport NCAA Division I athlete (soccer & track), and taught communication courses for four years. After college, Kimmy spent a decade coaching and teaching in Virginia prior to moving to California. She is an NLP Practitioner, XPT Level 3 Coach, CrossFit Level 2 Trainer, and was the 2018 Virginia State High School Coach of the Year, where she led her soccer team to a state title in her second year as head coach. Kimmy created and currently runs the Breath & Exposure program at DEUCE Gym. Committed to a lifetime of better understanding human perception, Kimmy is enthusiastic about teaching others how breath, exposure and movement can help them live healthier, more peaceful lives.

Who’s Your Boo (Radley)?

If you’ve ever read To Kill a Mockingbird, you’re familiar with the mysterious and often misunderstood character, Boo Radley. Long story short – even though Boo is perceived to be scary and dangerous throughout the majority of the book, we learn that he was a nice person all along, and even a great guardian to

Read the Blog

“Excuse me, I have work to do.”

The next time you find yourself in a rut, I got a poem for you:  “I Go Down To The Shore” By Mary Oliver I go down to the shore in the morning and depending on the hour the waves are rolling in or moving out, and I say, oh, I am miserable, what shall—

Read the Blog

We’re Out to Get You

Stress makes the simplest of tasks more challenging. Take nasal breathing, for example. Not so bad when you’re sitting or lying down; increasingly more difficult when you’re running. Zoom out a bit and the same is true for interpersonal interaction. Easy when you’re rested, much harder when you’re sleep-deprived. By this line of logic, it’d

Read the Blog

NEW! DEUCE Racing Podcast, Episode 16: Tim Brown

“I think when you’re in a metropolis like this – a sprawl, so many people – it’s easy to get lost and it’s easy to forget who you are, and it’s easy to feel insignificant. And I felt like DEUCE became this little flower that pops up on the sidewalk between the cracks. Where it

Read the Blog

A Big Lesson From a Little Soccer Player

I’ll never forget an interaction I had coaching a 9-year-old soccer player several years ago. As a center midfielder, with more running demanded from her (typically) than other positions on the field, this little soccer stud came off the field one game frustrated and gasping for air, asking, “Coach Kimmy, why is this so hard?!”

Read the Blog