A Rare Glimpse at the End of the Rainbow

An out of town business owner who read my book years ago was in LA and asked to buy me a coffee. He had a profound impact from following along from a distance and he had some questions. One question in particular stuck with me:

“When does it end?” 

He was making reference to the end of dissatisfaction around realizing one’s potential. I chuckled and said, “Of course it doesn’t end.” He ironically was out to the United States to complete a milestone examination in his field. I reminded him that this monumental event wouldn’t be “the end,” either. 

There’s a strong chance that if you’re reading this sentence, you’ve got a desire to get somewhere in life. I support it. I even encourage it. I think it helps to know what it might be like when you get “there,” though, so you aren’t caught off guard. 

You won’t feel done. It won’t feel that way because you aren’t. I’d add that if it’s the feeling that you’re “complete” that is driving you two things are probably true:

• You won’t make it, and

• You’ll get your heart broken. 

If, however, you can have a relationship with dissatisfaction that is included in your view of a life well lived, then you might have the keys to the castle. There’s no end to the rainbow, but that doesn’t make it any less worthwhile.

Keep going, but stop expecting to be relieved of the feeling that you’ve got more to do, learn, and grow into.

5/3/24 WOD

DEUCE Athletics GPP

Complete 4 rounds of the following
12 alt Front Rack Reverse Lunges

“Cindy”
AMRAP 20
5 Pull Ups
10 Push Ups
15 Air Squats

DEUCE Garage GPP

2-2-2-2-2-2
Front Squat