A Case for an Uncommon Life

This photo above might look normal when you find it on this website. But, it’s completely remarkable in ways that I often need to remind myself of. The notable elements as I see them are Stacey’s unabashed smile, the fact that she’s carrying a keg, and the context of this all taking place at a community-based strongman contest. 

Stacey is a successful data scientist, who one might not assume would frequent keg carrying contests. But, in our made up world, it happens and it’s important. 

This photo is a beautiful example of courage, openness to challenge, and empowerment. 

These moments serve as a reminder to me about the malleability of life. It’s so easy to perceive the world around us as obviously the way that it is. “But, of course…” you might say about what your weekdays look like. You might notice how you spend your money and say, “but, of course.” When you think about the people you will meet and the places you will go, you just as easily punctuate those assumptions with an accepting explanation: “but, of course..” Here’s the thing:

Everything is made up. 

Furthermore, nothing is just as it is “of course.” That’s especially true, if you’re open to making it your own. 110 Lincoln is a magical place and some part of the magic comes from a resistance to being decidedly obvious.

8/16/22 WOD

DEUCE ATHLETICS GPP

EMOM 12

Min 1: 2 Power Cleans from Pads
Min 2: 6 Chin Ups

Then, complete the following for time:

1 6th Street Run
———————————-
5 Rounds:
10 Alternating DB Thrusters (50/35)
10 Burpees
10 Alternating DB Reverse Lunges
1 Bull Run

DEUCE GARAGE GPP

3-3-3-3
Split Jerk (:03 pause in receiving position) 

Complete 4 rounds for quality of:

8 Arnold Presses
6-10 Eccentric Hanging Leg Raises

Then, AMRAP 6:

20 Squats
10 Kettle Bell Swings (70/53)