Your Move

As a coach, I find myself daydreaming about the successes and failures of our students. The toughest thing, by and large, for me is to want something for someone else more than they want it for themselves. It’s soul crushing. Every time I get caught up wondering about some utopia where everyone changes their lives and we all ride into the sunset, I come to the same conclusion..

With exposure to these tools and this information, true fitness goals are a choice as simple as “Yes” or “No.”

An extensive GPP program, access to barbell specialty classes, endurance programing, free off the floor coaching, free nutrition guidance, a coaching staff with an open door policy, and a free training program (FFOTB.com blog) are more than enough ingredients to build any level of fitness with virtually any budget or schedule. Of course, that sounds way too easy. I’d argue, however, that it’s not much easier than saying “Yes” and doing the work.

boys

Yes!

That’s the beauty of quality training and nutrition. It’s a done deal. There’s no maybe, “kinda,” or need to cross your fingers. Sign up for a year of sunset-stand-up-paddle-yoga on Groupon and you might wake up one morning with some fitness, but that’s a crap shoot. Eat real food, learn your way around a barbell, and get your heart jumping out of your chest and you’re putting enough fitness in the bank to retire one day.

You do need to commit to getting it done, however. And, guess what? That has nothing to do with Danny,Lindsey, or I, or anyone else for that matter.

With this logic, we can take this another step further. If you’re reading this and you aren’t actively pursuing your fitness goals, you are most literally saying “No” to fitness. At this point, it isn’t about your schedule, your income, your feelings, or injures. I say this and I mean that in the most direct way possible, it is because you don’t really want what you say you want.

Your move.

Logan Gelbrich

———————-

Monday’s Workout:

Battery Work
EMOM 10
Even: 5 Snatch Grip Deadlifts (135/95)
Odd: 12 Russian Swings (2/1.5)

AMRAP 5
8 Jump Squats
6 Hand Release Pushups

Leave a Reply