Congratulations! The Fitness Industry Shoots Itself in the Foot

Does any group of people really deserve to be picked on? We should probably agree to say that no one deserves mistreatment, right? Well, I’ll make a controversial comment to shake things up a bit. 

Before I get mean, let me give some context. I’ve met with about hundreds (maybe more than 1000) people one-on-one to discuss their fitness goals. A large majority of these people have a common opinion: they all don’t like gyms. 

What a wonderful legacy we have. 

Whether we like to admit it or not, the authority in the fitness industry has taken an objectively positive thing (a gym/training center for fitness development) and given it a bad name for a large swath of the general population. Great job, everyone. 

This is why I’m hard on authority figures and those with influence in the fitness space. We’ve made this bed and now we sleep in it. Now, I don’t say this from a you’re-all-hurting-my-bottom-line perspective. All of this comes from the fact that we’ve made a hard thing harder. 

All that said, if you have a chance to lead in this industry and you’re contributing to the elitist, ego driven, cringe fest that makes gyms more difficult for people to enjoy, you deserve to clap back in my opinion. Let’s do better.

4/26/24 WOD

DEUCE Athletics GPP

Complete 4 rounds of the following:
10 Pendlay Rows

Complete 3 rounds for quality of:
8 1-Arm KB Rows (ea)
10 1-Arm DB Seated Arnolds Press
10-12 Body Saws

EMOM 9
Minute 1: 3 Hang Power Clean
Minute 2: 6 Barbell Front Squat
Minute 3: 40 yd KB Farmers Carry