Reverberating Goals for Exponential Results

More people know what S.M.A.R.T. goals are than know how to get shit done – that’s for certain. Maybe there’s a unique way to think about goals that can change things up for the better if you are stuck. 

Not all goals are created equal. 

Sometimes trying to hit things head on, it’s the best path when it comes to goal setting. I’ll give you an example. Say you want to improve how your body looks aesthetically. Setting a goal to have a certain bodyweight might be a great way to accomplish that. If I’m a betting man, it’s probably not.

Hear me out. If you take a goal straight on like that, you might notice odd behavior simply because of how you defined winning. Most people could accomplish “life changing” weight loss simply with some combination of manipulating water and salt, unsustainably being underfed, overtraining, and a whole host of other unhealthy avenues. In that case, an arbitrary body weight goal is accomplished and the fall out is poorer health and, naturally, a departure from this ideal weight shortly thereafter. This seems like a loss in the end. 

Another way to look at this is choosing a goal that will accomplish the desire to improve your aesthetic and several other things all at once! Setting a goal to have a double bodyweight deadlift or to accomplish five strict pull ups, for example, would lead you down to a path a body transformation without compromising health (and other things) to get there. In fact, you’d like also get more health, more strength, more confidence, more lifestyle points, and beyond in addition to your goal. 

Hell, at that point, you might look and feel so good that the number on the scale doesn’t matter. Now, that’s a goal that reverberates with positive outcomes. 

What goal can you set (albeit left of center) that will get you exponential impact?

12/19/23 WOD

DEUCE Athletics GPP

Complete 5 Rounds:
6 Weighted Neutral Grip Chin-ups
10 Weighted Evil Wheels
15 DB Floor Press

AMRAP 12
6 Burpees
8 KB Swings
12 Alt. BW Forward Lunges

DEUCE Garage GPP

6-6-6