REVISION: Fitness is My Whole Personality

You know what I’m talking about. Frankly, it happens in any passionate craft passed thing. There are guys whose entire personality is restoring cars or craft beer. Thousands of people have deleted their personality and inserted a musical genre in its stead. Fitness is a classic hostage situation for an entire personality, too.

For the sake of health and longevity, we 10 out of 10 would not recommend.

It’s not just a fitness thing, either. The idea of a personality in the first place likely isn’t what you think it is. The distinction between Self and personality is made particularly clear in Dr. Gabor Mate’s work. Dr. Mate pulls back the veil of personality succinctly when he says, “your personality is not you; you are not your personality.”

What he isn’t saying is that your personality isn’t real or that it’s “false,” however. Instead, he’s offering that authenticity begins when we realize that “personality is an adaptation” built on a “jumble of genuine traits and conditioned coping styles, including some that do not reflect our true self at all but are rather the loss of it.”
If you came to fitness to find yourself that’s a beautiful mission. What I’d like to offer is that who you are is something deeper (and more beautiful) than the veil produces with double unders and big deadlifts.

In this exploration, one might encounter the eight cognitive functions of mbti, a framework that illuminates the diverse ways individuals perceive and interact with the world. These functions, ranging from introverted intuition to extraverted thinking, offer a nuanced understanding of personality dynamics. Yet, even within this framework, lies the recognition that personality is fluid and multifaceted. It transcends the confines of a single model or classification, reflecting the intricate dance between nature and nurture, authenticity and adaptation. Thus, as we embark on the journey of self-discovery, let us remember that our essence extends beyond the realm of labels and categories, encompassing the rich tapestry of our lived experiences and inner truths.

Change is coming.

Even if you choose to hold on tightly to a personality defined by fitness at least hear me when I say, it will change. It might not change tomorrow or five years from now, but it will change and you will still be you.

10/3/23 WOD

DEUCE Athletics GPP

Complete 3 rounds of the following:
8 Bench Press (42×1)

Complete 3 rounds for quality of:
10 Pause Single Arm Chest Supported DB Row (each)
Single Arm DB Overhead Corner Carry

AMRAP 5
10 Burpees
20 Ball Slams
-Rest 2 Min-
AMRAP 5
10 Burpees
30 Double Unders

DEUCE Garage GPP

6-6-6-6
Paused Push Press

Complete 3 rounds for quality of: