It’s HOW You Fill Voids

I’m not a physicist but, I feel like there must be a general truth about voids. I feel like the textbooks would say something like, “Voids get filled.” I find that to be true with most of the human experience of daily life. Open spaces in our lives get filled by nearly divine action. 

If we assume that there are no voids, positive action has a dual purpose. 

The first purpose, of course, is positive action for its own sake. The second purpose is that, by definition, it makes less space for negative action. Whether it’s calories or free time, it seems best to be actively filling these parts of life with quality action since it can stave off things we’d much rather do without. 

As a nutrition coach, I often coach students to this theme with protein. Firstly, then need lots of it for its own sake and, secondarily, every gram of protein that’s eaten makes it tougher to eat something unhelpful from the cookie jar. One day as a dad, I can see myself articulating that there are 24-hours in the day and every hour spent doing something positive is another hour you can’t get into trouble. 

Get to it, folks.

6/13/23 WOD

DEUCE Athletics GPP

Complete 5 rounds of the following:
1 Back Squat

EMOM 14
Minute 1: 8 Seated DB Presses
Minute 2: :40 Max Double Unders

DEUCE Garage GPP

EMOM 8
Even: :30 Double Unders
Odd: 10-12 PVC Hollow Rocks

Complete 3 rounds for quality of:
6 1-Arm DB Push Jerks – Left
6 1-Arm DB Push Jerks – Right
12 Ab Rolls Outs

Complete 4 rounds for time:
10 Alt 1-Arm DB Power Clean & Jerks (70/50)
-Rest 2-3 Minutes-