Two Habits Walk Into a Bar

Okay, they didn’t walk into a bar, but I had two habits. They were impenetrable. At least, I thought. The first habit was daily morning meditation. As of writing this, I’ve got 357 days in a row with a morning meditation. The second habit was taking my morning supplements. 

That was all until I moved. 

You see, my meditation has continued as usual. But, yesterday I realized I hadn’t taken my supplements in two days. This, of course, hasn’t happened since I started the supplement routine until now. So, what gives?

Well, it’s simple. The meditation I do is on my phone and each morning when I wake up, I check the time on my phone and I start the meditation. That hasn’t changed. My supplements, however, are usually next to my coffee machine and each morning I tear off my daily baggy of supplements from the dispenser during my morning routine. During the move, however, the supplements ultimately got packed up and moved. They had been stored out of sight in a cupboard and it took me days to realize it. 

Surely my desire and motivation to keep both habits in place are just as high as ever. Nonetheless, one habit suffered from an environment that didn’t support my routine and the habit was broken. 

Think about your most critical habits, either in reality or a desired habit. Have you built the environment to support its success?

3/20/23 WOD

DEUCE Athletics GPP

Complete 4 rounds of the following:

4 Barbell Floor Press

Complete 3 rounds for quality of:

12 Tate Presses + 12 DB Roll Back Presses

5 Partner Assisted Tuck Roll Ups

Then, complete 4 rounds for time of:

6th Street Hill Run

10 DB Thrusters (50/35)

8 Pull Ups

DEUCE Garage GPP