A Scouting Report on “The Competition”

Life can feel daunting. Things only get harder when you start to compare yourself to how well it seems that everyone else is doing.

How can you compete in this dog-eat-dog world? 

Listen, I can’t play the game for you, but I do have some good news. Whatever game you’re playing, you’d likely be pleased to know how few people are actually in the game. In fact, most people are so bogged down by the fear that we are discussing right now that they don’t choose to play in the first place. 

This is especially true in local events. I once took a friend to his first weightlifting meet. He even took home a medal. The point of my message today, though, lies in the fact that only five people enrolled in his weight-class to start with. Another acquaintance competed in his first jiujitsu competition and had to only fight in the “open” division because there were no other competitors in his age and weight bracket. 

Since most of you reading this sentence aren’t going to willy-nilly try your hand at the NBA, I want to see that there are so many ways to expand your participation in life. I hope I can inspire you to start making waves in something because, frankly, most people are just treading water. 

If you’re worried about the competition, I’m here to tell you the good news: there isn’t much.

3/1/23 WOD

DEUCE Athletics GPP

Complete 5 Rounds of the Following:

3 Barbell Floor Press

Complete 3 rounds for quality:

8 Chest Supported Single Arm Rows

15 DB Kickbacks

Then, AMRAP 10

2,4,6… KB Swings (71/53)

4,6,8,… Burpees

DEUCE Garage GPP

1-1-1-1-1-1-1

Weighted Box Jump (20”)

Complete 3 rounds for quality of:

10 Snatch Grip RDLs

12 DB Goblet Lateral Lunges – Left

12 DB Goblet Lateral Lunges – Right

Then, EMOM 18

Odd: :30 Max Meters Row

Even: 3 Touch-and-Go Power Snatches (AHAP)