Will You “Consider Me?”

Just yesterday evening I was working on the GPP programming for April which is due to the team for critique when a song came on my Pandora station. The song was beautiful and the very simple chorus is the inspiration for today’s blog article. 

If you’re looking for somebody who

Will love you through the night

And be there in the morning with

The same look in their eyes

If you’re looking for somebody who

Will listen to your thoughts

And understand the way you feel

With no words at all

If you need appreciation

Without compensation

Someone to give you what you need

If you’re looking for some magic

That will not end tragic

Darling, all I ask is you consider me

Consider me

Consider me

Consider me

Won’t you consider me?

The song is aptly titled ‘Consider Me’ by Allen Stone. While I wasn’t feeling connected to the track for its hopeless romantic tone, I did find profound meaning in the chorus and how it seemingly begs the listener to consider something. 

I found it timely since the things we don’t consider are often living in our blind spots. They are, by definition, outside of our awareness. We’ve had many well-traveled conversations by way of this blog, the entire premise of the Hold the Standard Summit, and much of our work as an organization to essentially acknowledge and grow from that which is living outside of our perception. 

The obvious question to ask, then, is what aren’t you considering? If you listen to the song above, you might feel begged to consider something new as I did. 

Consider it. 

2/24/23 WOD

DEUCE Athletics GPP

Complete 4 Rounds of the Following:

8 Renegade Rows

8 Dimmels

12-15 Leg Raises

AMRAP 15

6th Street Hill Run

12 Pull Ups

25 KB Swings (53/35)

DEUCE Garage GPP

3-3-3

C.A.T. Back Squats

Then, complete 3 rounds for quality of:

10 Heel Elevated Tempo DB Goblet Squats (3030)

12 Goblet Squats

8 Jump Squats

Then, alternating rounds with a partner, AMRAP 12

6/4 Cal Assault Bike

6 DB Man Makers (45/25)