Pro Tip: Never Attempt Greatness for the First Time in Real Life

I saw some cell phone footage making the rounds on the internet the other day and it was causing quite a stir. It showed the New York Mets in Spring Training rehearsing their World Series celebration

The video shows the team on a practice field in their positions and the field coach with a fungo bat hitting the “final out” to the right fielder. What ensued was a classic World Series celebration in the center of the field. 

Naturally, the internet loved to hate this.

After all, from a distance practicing celebrating the World Series could feel.. Pretentious? Cocky? Embarrassing (since they’ve been eliminated from the playoffs)? 

As I watched, it felt completely normal. Hell, we’d practice our dogpile celebration at the University of San Diego regularly, some could say too regularly. And, it’s not weird. It’s just visualization to the 10th degree. 

I don’t know much, but I know that if you want to be extremely successful, you ought to at least be able to imagine it. You definitely won’t accidentally stumble upon a remarkable success, folks. See it first, then do it. 

Remember: when you accomplish your loftiest goals, it shouldn’t be the first time in your mind.

10/20/22 WOD

DEUCE ATHLETICS GPP

5-5-5-5-5
Weighted Chin Ups

Complete 3 rounds for quality of: 

12 Bent Over Rows
1 50 Yard KB Front Rack Carry

Then, complete the following for time:

1 Block Run
30 Back Squats (185/135)
1 Block Run

DEUCE GARAGE GPP