That Classmate Who Makes Us All Jealous

You know those classmates that just seem like they are light years ahead? They’re just strong and they’ve got what seems like a different engine. Whether that lands on you as frustrating or inspiring, I know you’ve seen it. 

In most cases, these individuals have a background in athletics. While I know that’s not an Earth-shattering revelation to you, I’d like to examine it a step further. 

When you observe another person, you’re seeing a finished product.  

Well, he/she might not be “finished”, but they are as complete as they’ve even been (mathematically). Whatever their story includes, you’re looking at the end. 

When it comes to those superhero former athlete classmates I mentioned above, it’s worth acknowledging the part of their story before you trained with them. Why? Obviously, that’s the part of the story that got them so strong and capable. 

Most athletes come to DEUCE with a training background that looks very basic. Football players and basketball players, for example, do way less exercises than you do at DEUCE. They sprint, push, pull, some squatting, and maybe some dynamic work. The movements are generally more boring and more straightforward. However, athletes do them well and they do them with intensity. 

So, the next time you get jealous of some former athlete in class, steal their strategy instead: work hard on the basics.

10/19/22 WOD

DEUCE ATHLETICS GPP

6-6-6-6-6
Front Squat (4,0,1,0)

Complete 3 rounds for quality of: 

10 Heel Elevated Goblet Squats
15 Body Saws

Then, AMRAP 12

5 Hang Power Cleans(135/95)
8 Front Squats
6 Push Presses
1 Bull Run