Prideful Ignorance: Not Nutritionally Helpful

“I don’t want counting and weighing and measuring to be a part of my eating habits. Period.” I don’t even have kids and I find it paralyzing that eating well would have to involve a mini chemistry set to get things done with diet as it pertains to performance and body composition. Can’t we just live (and be ripped)?

While this sentiment is important, most humans have no awareness around how much they are or are not eating. Furthermore, we don’t know how much of what we are eating. The above gripe about being resistant to doing anything to increase your understanding of what you put in your mouth is a baby-out-with-the-bathwater line of thinking that will continue to be a disservice to your performance and athletic goals. Period. 

The resistance shared above to understanding what you’re eating above is the equivalent of never knowing what weight you put on the barbell in the gym. Now, some of you are saying, “But, I don’t write all that down, either. And I don’t know what I put on the bar.” Two-part answer.

Firstly, yes, you do. You have a general awareness that I’d argue you don’t have with food. Whether it’s sixty-five pounds or seventy-five pounds that you normally use for a set of five push presses might feel like you “don’t know,” but it’s much more precise than the fact that you only consume 55% of the protein you ought to each day, for example. 

Second, if you’re pridefully ignorant about how much you don’t know about how much weight you put of your barbell, I’d venture to guess you aren’t pridefully making progress, either. This proves the original point. 

You don’t need to make nutritional responsibility into something it’s not to exempt you from it. DEUCE Nutrition is helping many men and women locally and remotely change their mind about food with a little bit of awareness and responsibility and you should, too. 

JOIN US.

12/4/20 WOD

DEUCE ATHLETICS GPP

[Meet at Anderson Park]

DEUCE BACKLOT GPP

[Meet at Pan Pacific Park]

DEUCE GARAGE GPP

4-4-4-4-4
Pause Deadlift (Below the Knee)

Then, complete 3 rounds for quality of: 
8 Single Leg KB RDLs (ea)
8 Alt. Lateral Goblet Split Squats