Fail Proof

What if you couldn’t fail? Would this change how you approached your day, your life, your goals, and  other important decisions that you have to make?

If you’re going to sign up for something this lofty, something this crazy, the things that you are proposing must be of epic proportions. Maybe a dream that you have may come to mind. Maybe a lifetime goal, maybe an award, all kinds of things start to appear in your head. Once you open the door to something like this feelings start to surface. There are plenty of feelings of joy and wonderment and accomplishment. Along with all the positive feelings are sure to come a super sized serving of doubt, and fear of failure.

The typical vanilla story in this case is that the fear and doubt creep in and outweigh the positive. So, we humans, who gravitate towards stability decide to stay comfortable. My thought is this, and I am confident that you are with me judging that you are reading this blog. When these thoughts of fear and doubt creep in, you use them to know you are on the right track, that you are staying plugged in. Plugged in to the better you, to the best you. A person much more intelligent than myself once told me, “If you are feeling, you are living!” Not sure if that is from a book, or if it is just a famous quote, but either way it hit home with me.

If you can’t fail, the game changes completely. The fear and doubt are so small they are hard to even see, they are for the most part not existent. Your sense of purpose and determination are staggering, you feel at your best, ready to take on the world. And, you will by all means. There is no failure here.

Lace 'em up!

Lace ’em up!

This switch is a switch of mindset. You are the same person, you just believe in yourself now. And, guess what? You can’t fail!

Take that adult imagination that you have and use it. What would you do if you could not fail? Just the question is intimidating, but I believe that all you need to do is write it down and own it. The rest will find it way into your life. This is by no means an escape from giving everything you have to get there, or a clearance to write down some soft goal. Take a bit of initiative and do something awesome!

Own it, because pretty soon you’ll be it. | #MSH2013

Danny Lesslie

——————–

Friday’s Workout:

Snatch 3-3-3

“FFOTB Baseline”

Complete the following for time:

400m Run

40 Squats

30 Sit Ups

20 Push Ups

10 Burpees