Audit What’s Molding You Now

I realize in retrospect that the college and professional recruiting process as a high school baseball player was largely an ego trip. More so than any specific desire, it felt good to be courted by these organizations. The way I see it now, is pure gratitude for the choice I made to attend the University of San Diego. 

At the time, it was my smallest college scholarship offer, but for some lucky reason it felt like the right choice. Boy, did I luck out because of the transformative experience I had there that I’d later learn was neither common nor normal. Now I fear who I would have been had I gone to Boston College or Long Beach State or wherever else. 

It’s dangerous to pick a faulty mold. 

I know I’d be different, because I am different from my experience at USD. I’d later have shocking conversations with teammates at the next level about their college experiences and most of them hated it. 

All this is to say, we are largely affected by our environment. The same me could have spent those four years somewhere else and come out very different than I am today and that’s terrifying. 

Well, now that we’re all adults, we should be able to deduce that this is happening to us again right now! That’s right. You’re being nudged and molded and influenced by your environment as we speak. The million dollar questions are:

1. What are you listening to?
  2. Who are you around?
  3. Where do you spend your time?
  4. What do you think about?

It’s all shaping you right now. Let’s hope it’s for the better.

5/8/24 WOD

DEUCE Athletics GPP

Complete 4 rounds of the following
10 DB Incline Bench Press

Complete 3 rounds for quality of:
8 1-Arm Lat Pulldowns (ea)
4-6 Partner Resisted Tuck Rolls

Complete 5 rounds of the following for reps:
In :60
Corner Run
Max Burpees
— Rest 2:00 —