Four Nutrition Hacks That Move the Needle

Listen, most everything in the “hack” world is pretty cringe. These four tips will move the needle, because you’re contributing real quality effort to the bottom line.

Ready to lose weight, gain muscle, and get lean?

1. Put a glass of water on your bathroom counter before bed. This trick from an old strength coach of mine is genius. Here are some truths: everyone pees when they wake up, everyone can improve hydration, and room-temp water is easy to chug. Catch my drift?
  2. Pillars drinkable yogurt should be illegal. I found this and did a double take. It’s now a core part of my weekly success. 100 calories, 20 grams of protein, 0 grams of fat, and 8 grams of carbs. What?
  3. Build your meals with protein first. “It’s so hard to find carbs and fat sources,” said no one ever. A meal is not a meal until you’ve decided what the protein source is. From there you can add things to finish making it a real meal. 
  4. Don’t play the game. You know what I mean: Calories In, Calories Out. Don’t do it. It’s an unhealthy cycle down a well traveled road to punish yourself with workouts to compensate for food consumption. Focus on building muscle in the gym and trust that improving your metabolic rate (by having more lean tissue) will always outperform trading cardio for calories. 

These are just simple tips, so if you want to go down the rabbit hole of nutrition with a coach.. We can help! 

Check it out!

9/26/23 WOD

DEUCE Athletics GPP

Complete 4 rounds of the following:
4 Neutral Grip Weighted Pull Ups

Complete 3 rounds for quality of:
8 1 Leg Landmine Glute Bridge (ea)
8 1 Arm KB Row (ea)
:25 Star Fish Hold (ea)

AMRAP 10
1,2,3…
Devils Presses (40/25)