The First (and Only) Time Someone Ever Told Me I Have Nice Teeth

When I was thirteen or fourteen years old, I was at a simple routine dentist appointment. At that time in my life, I felt like I’d had tons of these appointments under my belt. My mom was sure that I’d get at least twice a year for cleaning from a young age. This appointment I’d never forget, though. 

During the beginning portion of the basic cleaning, the dental hygienist stopped just after she began checking my mouth and said, “You have such nice teeth.” I remember how shocked I was. That was the first time anyone had ever said that to me. 

I’m not particularly insecure about my body, especially my teeth. Nor do I think that people who don’t have nice teeth need to be told they do, but I can say one thing for sure. Her saying that to me stayed with me until today. 

This, of course, invites us into the moral of this silly story. You’d be surprised at how little effort it takes to make a lasting impression with someone. Since it’s so shockingly easy to make someone’s week, day, month, year… let’s get busy doin’ it!

4/21/22 WOD

DEUCE ATHLETICS GPP

Complete 5 rounds for quality of:

6 BTK Pin Pull
15 Hamstring Curl – Sorinex Roller

Then, complete the following for time:

10-9-8…1
Barbell Thrusters (95/65)
Lateral Burpees Over Barbell

DEUCE GARAGE GPP

6-6-6-6-6
KOT Goblet Squat