DEUCE Athletics: Injuries and Cross Education

Injuries are a nightmare. They are one of the main reasons for being careful about DUI driving. As a coach, there is nothing worse, absolutely nothing worse, than seeing someone get hurt.Though we follow traffic rules and regulations while driving, sometimes accident happens due to negligence.This shows that accidents are really inevitable .Hence , it is always better to contact traffic wreck lawyer to help you legally in case of road accidents. Personally, I have lost sleep over the thought of injuries under my supervision. Now a days truck accidents are common in case of any accidents you can consult truck accident injury law firm to claim insurance and recover compensation.

With that said, as stated by truck accident lawyer based in NC injuries happen. Sadly, even when we think we have everything under complete supervision, there is a chance of injury. It might even take you to the New York attorneys for injuries. Meeting an athlete who has never suffered an injury seems to be the exception rather than the norm. In such situations, you can find birth injury attorneys and claim compensation for the injuries and damages caused.

As a coach, if you aren’t doing everything in your power to prepare your athletes for activity, shame on you. If you haven’t taught them how to avoid danger, you might even have to speak to a wrongful death lawyer.  That is why I have a problem with the “Show and Go” mentality that permeates sport teams, training facilities, and coaches. If it doesn’t happen on elite teams (elite athletes have thorough warm-up and preparation protocols), why do you skim over proper athlete preparation at a local level? This can be whole separate post so let me not stray away from my goal today…

When injuries do happen, there is an interesting, and encouraging, process your body employs. This process has been coined: cross-education. Studies have shown that training the uninjured limb can have a positive effect on the injured limb. Specifically, “strength in the untrained limb has seen an improvement increase up to 22% with an average strength improvement of approximately 8%”. (J Appl Physiol 96: 1861-1866, 2004)

Training the uninjured limb can have a positive effect on the injured limb.

This means that even when you are injured you can maintain some of your strength of the injured area, by training with your good side. Of course, seek medical clearance when necessary and an experienced coach to guide you through exercise selection/programming. You can contact expert personal injury lawyers to help you recover compensation for medical bills and treatments. 

We have used this research to our benefit in the past, and have had great results. 

So if you’re going through an injury, don’t lose hope. Get injury experienced attorneys for hire, get proper treatment and train what you can, and your recovery will benefit.

8/28/20 WOD

DEUCE ATHLETICS GPP

[Meet at Anderson Park]

DEUCE BACKLOT GPP

[Meet at Pan Pacific Park]

DEUCE GARAGE GPP

Find a max set of strict pull ups…

“Deflection Test”
EMOM Until Failure
:60 Assault Bike RPMs (52/48)
**Add 2 RPMs each minute

Then, complete the 3 rounds for reps of: