Ronnie Lopez

Ronnie was born in Dallas, Texas but calls California home. Ronnie graduated (mathematics) and played collegiate baseball at Chapman University, where he participated in three Division III College World Series. Being part of a winning culture in college, Ronnie approaches everything post-baseball with a winner's mindset, putting high priority on "attention to detail" and "rigorous practice." He was introduced to functional movement and asked to deeply think about methods of training by Logan Gelbrich. He believes learning is never complete and the key to success as an athlete and coach is adopting a growth mindset. Ronnie is now co-owner and coach at DEUCE Athletics in Hermosa Beach and leads "Weightlifting Fundamentals," a specialty weightlifting program and coach for Project Speed: Speed and Agility Training.

A DEUCE Legend Bids Farewell

DEUCE, This is a very hard letter to write. I came to you back in 2013, with a desire to be challenged. I found you intriguing. I immediately fell in

Read the Blog

BEDTIME STORIES (Part 2)

Let’s recall that sleeping is important for our cognitive abilities, and our immune system. Beyond that, it’s been shown that there is no system or organ in the body that

Read the Blog

Movement Breakdown: Belt Squat

Today we want to present a quick and concise breakdown of the Belt Squat. As much as we want to prevent it, injuries happen. We’ve all dealt with them, at

Read the Blog

DEUCE Athletics Presents: WIFFLE BALL DAY

We want to cordially invite you to our next, highly anticipated, community event: WIFFLE BALL.  In our pursuit to push our athletic and competitive boundaries, we found no greater challenge

Read the Blog

BEDTIME STORIES (Part 1)

I don’t have to tell you how important sleep is. Or, maybe I do. Sleep, or lack thereof, has an array of negative health, physiological, and cognitive consequences. On a

Read the Blog