A DEUCE Legend Bids Farewell

DEUCE,

This is a very hard letter to write. I came to you back in 2013, with a desire to be challenged. I found you intriguing. I immediately fell in love with your style. The energy you produced was electric. I’d never seen anything like it. Being around you became my favorite pastime. You were so inviting and open. You built a community that embraced me in a way that felt wholesome and genuine. All corners of you felt whole and real. As I look back, your ability to bring so many special people together, to this unique location and layout, was, and still is, special. It did not feel contrived, just a result of high-quality, motivated people being brought together.

I decided to pursue you. I took the plunge and left the security of a stable career, behind. It was never scary, I was always optimistic back then. Still am.

The opportunity came quick. In 2014 we tried to replicate your uniqueness with a slight twist. The journey was difficult, but forever rewarding. We called it DEUCE Athletics.

It’s been eight years since DA was born. These eight years have been so instrumental in how I approach business and life, that I could never do it justice in a letter. It’s been everything and more than I imagined. I’ve devoted my last eight years to you with a desire to see you grow, and build something we can all be proud of. I believe we achieved some of that, and no one can ever take that away. The memories and connections I’ve made will forever be with me, and am forever grateful. At this time I have arrived at a time and place that begets a new chapter. It’s a moment that is not easy, but is upon me.

…………

I need to thank everyone who has mentored me and supported me on this journey. I know I will forget names so I do apologize. Honestly, if you’re reading this, and we’ve had an interaction in the past, you belong on this list. Thank you.

………..

To the whole current DEUCE staff, keep going and pursuing the best version of this place. Remember that you are now laying the foundation for future coaches, and there is a lot of pride in that. Laugh off the bad days and analyze the good ones. That sign outside the gate, “Motivated people only.”, is not just for students, it’s for us too. Live it, and breathe, with everything you can, every single day. Never forget to enjoy the opportunity that being a coach at DEUCE brings. Love each day because you never know when that last day will come.

I want to thank Logan, Danny, Lindsey, Embo, and Juan for all your support and leadership early on this journey. You guys were instrumental on helping me get through the tough times.

A special thank you to Logan for all your support and mentorship over the years. I’ve learned more from you than you’ll ever know. THANK YOU.

To Chris and Kyle, thank you boys for the journey. Life has a way of working out and no matter what, I want to thank you guys for the memories. May your journeys continue to reward you, like I’ve been rewarded. I’ll be rooting for your collective and individual success that surpasses your wildest imaginations. I have tremendous appreciation and respect for you guys. If you guys ever need someone to talk to, I’m here for you guys. Keep going, boys!

……..

To the members, and now friends, this is the hardest part for me. You all make our days special. The only reason we are here is because of your support. We are nothing without you. We do it all for you. Early mornings and late nights are easy because of you. Thank you for your friendships, memories, and relationships over the years. I will remember you all, Forever.

Although I am moving on from coaching here, I want to be clear about one thing: I am here for you. If you guys need someone or something that I can assist with, I am here for all of you. I truly and whole-heartedly mean that.

………….

Thank you DEUCE. I will remember you forever.

-Ronnie

9/8/22 WOD

DEUCE ATHLETICS GPP

Complete 4 rounds for quality of:

2 2-Position Power Clean
8 Pause Single Arm DB Row (ea)

Then, EMOM 12

Min 1: 7th St. Corner Run
Min 2: 15 Wall Balls (20/14)
Min 3: 12 Supine Inverted Rows

DEUCE GARAGE GPP

1-1-1-1-1