“No you can’t borrow my car, we just met.”

I get it, we just met. I can’t assume to borrow your car, twenty bucks, or crash on your couch. 

I’m the new coach on the block, I have my own way of coaching things, a handful of bad jokes, and a complete lack of volume. 

This is gonna be a process; I spelt your name wrong, I forgot that overhead is a little tougher for you, and I might have asked you to move faster when you really didn’t want to. 

Bare with me. 

I get to know you, and you get to know me. That’s the process. We build a relationship through movement, trust. I get an understanding of what helps you go, what really grinds your gears, or how to help you have fun. I make this a safe place for you to be vulnerable or let out that weird grunt you do when squatting heavy. We’ll get there. 

Let’s be clear, I’m not here to just run workouts, tell you everything you’re doing is great, or be your personal cheerleader. I’m here to be an educator, a motivator, and hopefully a pinch of inspiration. I love movement, more so I love coaching movement. I am going to treat every single one of you like an athlete, like it or not. I’m gonna help you strategize, scale appropriately, and push you accordingly. I’m gonna believe in you relentlessly and invest my time and energy into helping you get better and feel better. 

Please do not show up to my class checked out or just wanting to sweat, that’s what spin classes are for. Show up ready to learn, to become more efficient, come prepared to build a bigger engine, and add movements to your repertoire. Show up ready to find your pace, the appropriate scale so that you can progress, and show up ready to make this stuff fun. 

I won’t apologize for giving small boring lectures on movement efficiency, pushing you, treating you like an athlete or making bad joke. Sorry not sorry. 

This is what I do for a living because I love it, I love helping people progress, become healthier or do things they’ve never done. And I’m excited about getting to know all of you everyday, this is what makes me happy. 

So, yeah. I can’t borrow your car, twenty bucks, or crash on your couch yet but…

…let’s start with a trust fall?

Chris Piñedo

@thewolfofwodstreet

11/15/16 WOD

Find a 20 Rep Max Back Squat

Accessory:

3x 25 Reverse Hypers

3x 15 GHD Situps

3x 100′ Reverse Sled Drag

Hi-Rep Finisher:

1x 100 Banded Good Mornings