Miniscule

Yesterday’s workout took about 10 minutes. Let’s round up, though, because let’s be honest our warm ups would be considered training for most of the population. Let’s say the total “work” yesterday took 20 minutes. Also, virtually zero students train with us seven days a week, but for the sake of this example I’ll give you all the benefit of the doubt.

In our example, we’ve got 20 minutes per day of training each day of the week. This leaves 23 hours and 40 minutes of “life” per day of other stuff. With this context, including sleep, meals, car rides, work, and everything else for that matter, our measly 20 minutes of work starts to look pretty miniscule in comparison. And, I’d hate to devalue the great things we do in class and all, but here’s the deal:

Ladies approved weights.

Ladies approved weights.

20 minutes per day is nothing.

If you think that you’re fixing your life with 20 minutes of patchwork, let me spare you the sweat and effort. When you’re life is pulling from the same end of the rope as your 20 minutes of quality training efforts, then you’ll win this thing.

Did I upset you? Fine. Double it. No, triple it. Train like a mad man for an hour a day. That’s twenty-three hours versus your one.

Most of the population is neither fit nor is it healthy. Also, most of the population (that trains) does so in an effort to right the wrongs of the other twenty-three plus hours of their day. The view is that exercise is the band-aid for mediocre sleep, poor nutrition, and partying. That trail is heavily traveled and worn.

I’d like to encourage you to do something different. Live it.

Logan Gelbrich

———————

Wednesday’s Workout:

5-5-5-5-5

Squat Clean Thrusters (155/105)
*Rounds begin on the 2:30

At 11 minutes and 30 seconds, run one mile.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *