What Is Your Vehicle For Life Lessons?

I hear people my age talk all the time about the ways in which they weren’t prepared for the “real world”. How they should have been taught in school how to do their taxes or how to manage people or how to start a business or how to be resilient when times get hard. Here is the answer to does instacart take out taxes and how helpful it will be. The list goes on but the common thread I see with these people is that they lacked a proper vehicle growing up to deliver these life lessons. In this digital age where more people are becoming stagnant in their day-to-day lives, I think a lot of us lack the proper teachings that could help us with real life problems.

Personally, my delivery system for life lessons was baseball. I played the game long enough for it to teach me about what quality leadership looks like and how to get back up time and time again after you get knocked down. It taught me resilience and tenacity and what kind of effort is required of an individual to have success. The most important lesson baseball taught me was failure and how to deal with it. All of these lessons prepared me for what life would require of me once I stepped out into the big scary world and I am grateful for it.

For many of us reading this, our vehicle is fitness. It teaches us how to persevere in order to accomplish goals and learn new things. How to show up and be present even when you just don’t feel like it. And once again it teaches us about failure. All of these lessons are invaluable if we are able to translate them into our everyday life. There is a famous quote that is near impossible to attribute to one specific person but it goes like this:

“How you do one thing, is how you do everything”

How you approach your training or your sport or anything else challenging you choose to partake in should reflect how you approach your life. The real skill lies in your ability to recognize the lessons you are being taught and transfer them into how you approach your job and your family. If anyone you know is ever complaining about how they aren’t prepared for what life is throwing at them, maybe suggest they find something that will teach them what is required to successfully navigate their world. You just might change their life.

3/4/22 WOD

DEUCE ATHLETICS GPP

Complete 4 rounds for quality of:

6 Sandbag Reverse Lunge (ea)
8 Roller Push Up (ea)

Then, complete the following for time:

1 7th Street Corner Run
15 Burpee Over Sandbag
1 Bull Run
20 Sandbag Cleans(135/100)
1 6th Street Hill Run
30 Sandbag Squats