Colton Waltner

Colton was born and raised in Newbury Park, Ca, where his love for sports and movement started at a young age. It was apparent from a young age that baseball would be the vehicle that would lead him to playing collegiately for the University of San Diego and later professionally when he was drafted by the Minnesota Twins. After numerous injuries and surgeries, he had to medically retire from baseball but luckily he found a community and home at DEUCE Gym as a student. Not long after he received a challenge from Logan and encouragement from other coaches to join coach’s prep and begin his new journey in fitness. Now hungry as ever, Colton continues to grow as a young coach. Utilizing his experience as a high level athlete and his understanding of primal and functional movements, he strives to make training in the gym as transferable to an individual’s life as possible. Leading from a place of love and connection, Colton understands that training isn’t always about the fitness but it is always about the person.

Normalcy is an Illusion

Give me 3 minutes, this will be a quick one. The CJW Research Group found in a meta-analysis study that the number one quality that both men and women look

Read the Blog

Throw Your Scale in the Trash

You read that correctly. That scale that you have in your bathroom can go right in the trash. Aside from the fact that I can step on three different scales

Read the Blog

Simple and Easy

Raise your hand if you love speaking in front of people. Nobody… maybe a few? How about in front of a small group of people? How about just speaking to

Read the Blog

Value Assessment: Your Character

New Zealand’s national rugby team, the All Blacks, is one of the most decorated sports teams in human history. Since their inception in 1903, the All Blacks have eclipsed 500

Read the Blog

Life’s Metaphor

I hold few things to be absolutely true in this life and one of them is the belief that competitive sports are the single greatest metaphor for life. From dealing

Read the Blog