A Peculiar Step in Repairing Broken Commitments

Inside our company, we use a framework to guide the repair of broken commitments. No, we aren’t planning to break commitments with each other but when you’re pushing the edge of your ability and making lofty commitments, failure is inevitable. 

I won’t map out the entire process here, but I do want to call out one item on the list. After a series of seemingly expected steps like “Acknowledging the broken commitment” and “declaring what was more important than honoring the commitment,” there’s one that’s a powerhouse hidden in plain sight. The step I’m talking about is asking the question:

“Is this a pattern?”

What’s even more powerful than just that question is the follow up question, which asks “what are the consequences if this pattern continues?” That carries heavy implications and, frankly, is rarely asked. After all, destructive patterns are the real killers. 

I don’t think any of us should be buried for any single mistake or broken commitment. Ignoring a pattern of ineffective behavior, however, is a horse of another color.

6/6/23 WOD

DEUCE Athletics GPP

4 rounds:
5 Single Arm Suitcase Deadlifts + :10 Hold (Right & Left)

3 rounds for quality:
8 Bent Over Supine Rows
10 Banded Evil Wheels

AMRAP 6
8 Pull-ups
15 KB Swings(71/53)
-Rest 3 Minutes-
AMRAP 6
12 Alternating DB Muscle Snatches(60/40)
15 Ball Slams

DEUCE Garage GPP

Spend 10 minutes accumulating Cross Overs/Double/Triple Unders..

Complete 3 rounds for quality:
8 3-Way DB Raise
15 DB Skull Crushers
:60 Bear Hold

Complete 7 rounds for time of:
2 Bar Muscle Ups
4 Box Jumps (30/24)
6 Alt DB Snatches (70/50)