Bathing in Make Believe

I’ll never forget during the buildout of our Venice Beach location all the coaches did a lunchtime workout. The idea was to break up all the painting, construction, and odds and ends of opening a facility with some training. It was the first time we’d run down Lincoln for a 200m run. 

It was surprisingly uncomfortable. I wondered, “Is this a place to run 200s?” After all, before we decided this thoroughfare would represent some sort of fitness training interval it was just a sidewalk. Every other time I’d run a route at a gym, it was the 200 or the 400m run route. What I had been bathing in was a reality that I took as real when, in fact, someone just made it all up just like we did. 

Someone made this and everything else up. 

Starting a business is eye-opening in lots of ways like this because you realize how much everything is made up. It’s exciting!

Consider that so much of your life that you assume is a real, bonafide, official thing is, in fact, just made up. If it’s all made up, then that means the opportunities are endless for you and I to continue to make the world we want to live in!

Keep going.

4/21/23 WOD

DEUCE Athletics GPP

Complete 4 rounds:

6 KB Stability Front Rack Reverse Lunges (ea)

12-15 Dips

Then, complete 4 rounds for reps of:

In :90

1 7th Street Corner Run

Max Devil Presses (40/30)

-Rest 2:30-

DEUCE Garage GPP

3-3-3

High Hang Power Clean

2-2-2

Power Clean

EMOM 10