Happy 12th Birthday DEUCE Gym!

Today we celebrate our 12th birthday! Much like any twelve-year-old, we’re still growing, a little rough around the edges, and we definitely wish we were older and cooler. Looking back, it’s almost too much to take in. 

On one hand, we’re doing exactly what we set out to do. 

On the other hand, you’d never believe the winding road that got us here if I explained it all. Furthermore, I couldn’t replicate it if I tried. One thing continues to be clear, however, and that is that this is and always has been about the people

There are so many people, from founding leaders like Danny, Lindsey, and Emily, who specifically created an unmatched energy here. We ride on the momentum of their coattails to this day. Then, there are the students. Savvy veterans like Jun Endo (pictured above), IPG, and Matt Bernardin who also have been with us for a dozen years. Along the way, the gym has seen too much life, death, love, and heartbreak to count.

One thing that cannot be challenged is that DEUCE has a heart of its own. 

If someone told me they wanted to build something like this, I’d try to talk them out of it for their sake. That said, DEUCE is the greatest thing to ever happen to me and I’m excited to show you what we have up our sleeve for the next dozen years. 

Join us today (Tuesday, April 11th) aronnd 5:30pm in the yard for a pseudo-surprise gathering to celebrate the big day. To all of our extended DEUCE family, new and old… thank you. 

PS – tune into the blog tomorrow to see how you can be a part of the DEUCE Gym of tomorrow in a new way!

4/11/23 WOD

DEUCE Athletics GPP

Find a 1RM Back Squat..

Drop Set: 2 x 10 Front Squat

Then, complete the following for time:

10-8-6-8-10

DB Snatches (60/40)

7th Street Corner Run

DEUCE Garage GPP

8-8-6-6

1-Arm DB Bench (ea)

Complete 3 rounds for quality of: