On Wishing for Brevity

Are you ready for an impossible question? Here’s the scenario. You’re at one of those Friendsgiving dinners. It’s you, the friend who invited you, and seven other people you’re mostly meeting for the first time. With one part genuine curiosity and one part desire just to make conversation, one of the guests turns to you and asks, “So, what’s the best way to workout?”

I’d imagine the scope of the question is as overwhelming for you as it is for me. Is it something that can be answered succinctly? Could even an expert answer it before dessert comes? If one could answer the question, could they do so in a manner that the other guests could understand?

The point of this article isn’t to project pessimism or create more of a sense that being fit is complicated and elusive. Rather, I like thought provoking questions like this for what they imply. 

The implication here is that great training is experienced over time. To know it would take time and therefore, at the very least, we ought to have a certain reverence for what we’re attempting to do on a fitness journey. 

My friend and world renowned coach, Rob Orlando, famously said, “True strength takes a lifetime to acquire.”

Buckle up.

10/6/22 WOD

DEUCE ATHLETICS GPP

5-5-5-5
Bench Press

Complete 3 rounds for quality of: 

10 Dips
15 Tate Press

Then, AMRAP 12

10 DB Push Presses(50/35)
12 KB Swings(70/44)
1 Bull Run