Own Your Movement & You Get Paid Twice!

One of the most unmistakable feelings I’ve had as an entrepreneur is the palpable knowing that no effort goes to waste in your business. It’s not just trading time for money. It’s something bigger. It’s as if every extra minute or hour of effort goes into the same bucket, it accumulates, and counts for something beyond the moment. 

I love the idea of an accumulation of effort that will pay dividends now and later. 

I don’t think it’s a stretch to extend this idea to movement skill in the gym, either. For example, the student pictured above from DEUCE Athletics in Hermosa Beach, CA can use considerable effort to get his bar to his shoulder. That effort pays dividends in the movement with things like:

• A made lift
  • A “good workout”
  • A better score on the whiteboard
  • Etc 

However, with enough virtuosity in his movement this rep can contribute to a much bigger impact beyond right now. There are specific points of performance or skills that can be executed such that this rep is contributing to every other rep in a way that accumulates overtime. For example, catching the bar with ideal foot position, hips back, neutral spine, and a quality front rack will reinforce future successes on similar lifts and even carry over to different lifts with similar qualities. 

When it comes to training, act like you own your movement and it will pay you two fold. 

If you’re just clocking hours with your movement, you can only get paid once. Almost no one cares about the points of performance of the basic push up until your lack of mastery in the simple push up means you’ll never get a muscle up. 

It’s not what you do, it’s how you do it.. so get paid twice, why don’t ya?

10/4/22 WOD

DEUCE ATHLETICS GPP

Complete 4 rounds for quality of:

15 Lat Pull Downs
50 Yard Sandbag Carry

Then, EMOM 8

10 Single Arm KB Front Rack Roller Reverse Lunges
10 Wall Balls

Then, EMOM 15

7th Street Corner Sprint
10 Inverted Rows
:30 DB Alternating Snatches(60/40)