From Devastating Back Pain to Physical Freedom

Look, the moment before a back injury (check out helping accident victims of trucks from here) a couple of things are usually true. Firstly, you feel great. Second, you’re usually enjoying a physical freedom we all take for granted. The second after your back goes out is shockingly disempowering. Your ability, fitness, livelihood, and comfort are gone instantly.  If people need talcum powder lawsuit attorney, they can check them out here! 

You’d be shocked at how common back pain is in adult populations. In fact, many men and women have herniations that may never be discovered.

I know all about debilitating back pain. I was in my orthopedic surgeon’s office in Westwood with MRI results, when he told me my future:

“If you don’t have surgery, you won’t lift weights again. Running is out, certain forms of swimming won’t be possible, and we need to talk about whether or not you want to have kids one day.”

In 2018, I was on my way to my sister’s baby shower when two things were true. I felt great and I had remarkable physical freedom. I was training at DEUCE, competing in 5Ks and 10Ks, and physical fitness was a cornerstone in my life. That’s when I was rear-ended in a car accident that would change my life in a moment.  

My spine was mangled.

I had two protrusions, three herniations, and a disc bulge. I tried physical therapy, chiropractic, and acupuncture to a long painful road to nowhere. Without much faith that I could prove my surgeon wrong, I found ELDOA.

ELDOA is a practice of exercises and Myofascial stretches that self-normalize the spine. French osteopath named Guy Voyer Do created the method that is used today around the world to get people out of pain and moving better. And, it saved my life. 

Today I’m writing to you on a week where I’ve deadlifted and squatted heavy, I’ve been kipping my pull ups, and my MRI shows zero millimeters of disc displacement.

I would have considered all of these truths’ miracles in 2018 and my surgeon might say the same. 

I’ve since become a Level-4 ELDOA Trainer and have been able to coach scores of men and women out of pain they never thought they’d live without. For the first time, I’m proud to announce that I can help you and your loved ones at DEUCE build a bulletproof spine!

Join us Mondays at 1:45pm at DEUCE Garage for an hour class developing spinal health. 

If you have any questions or curiosities about the class, feel free to contact me at teal@deucegym.com.

6/16/22 WOD

DEUCE ATHLETICS GPP

Complete 4 rounds for quality of:

3 Rack Pull
:45 Weighted Plank Hold

Then, complete 5 rounds of the following for reps:

In :60..
3 Power Cleans (AHAP)
Max Double Unders
-Rest 2 Min-“

DEUCE GARAGE GPP

3 – 3 – 3