Newtonian Physics Holding You Back?

The most tragic part of big, transcendent ideas is that they are often delivered in corny ways. They lose the audience they need the most, which are the logic, stubborn-types. (I’m generally one of those types.)

I’ll try to deliver the most transcendent thing I know in a way that won’t make you roll your eyes. 

There’s an old school scientific way of seeing the world. It uses Newtonian physics or classical mechanics. This way of seeing the world is bound by silly things like space and time. This world is based on known and predictable realities.

There’s a new way to see the world, though. And, it’s full of unknown and unpredictable realities. Frankly, it’s much more exciting. This world of endless possibilities is known as quantum mechanics and it’s not Hocus Pocus. How do we know, you ask?

Well, the atom is a core building block of all matter. It’s mostly empty space when you look at it closely and this quantum understanding of the world becomes very real when we talk about the position of an atom’s electrons. In fact, the electron only has a position when it’s observed. Let me say that differently. An electron exists as an immeasurable probability until it has an observer. Once you stop looking at the electron, it becomes nonlocal and unknown. 

Scientifically speaking, the electron is proof that our space and time understanding is limited. If that’s true for the building blocks of matter, then what else is immeasurable, unknown, and full of possibility?

5/24/22 WOD

DEUCE ATHLETICS GPP

3-3-3-3
Banded Strict Press

Complete 4 rounds for quality of:

12 Seated KB Presses
15 DB JM Press

Then, complete the following for time:

21-15-9
DB Cleans(50/35)
50 Double Unders

DEUCE GARAGE GPP

3-3-3
Bench Press

Complete 4 rounds for quality:

10 Seal Rows
:45-:60 Chin-over-Bar Hang (supinated grip)

Then complete 3 rounds for time:

5 Hang Squat Cleans (155/105)
10 Shoulder-to-Overhead
400m Run