Gratitude

Oh, what a time! If you turn on the tube and flip it to a news network, I’m willing to bet you lunch that we’ll hear something that is wrong with our current political system, environmental condition, or economic state. This, of course, is not new. This is a constant reality of news broadcasting. The severity of each issue, I argue, has picked up over the last few years (and recently weeks). 

As we continue to deal with each issue (which are important) and the media presents grim stories, I always turn back to gratitude. No matter how bad things get, we can always find something to be grateful for. If you are reading this, chances are that you can find gratitude in your gym and the community found within it. Having good health and the ability to continue to improve (did someone say AMRAPs?) is something we can all smile about.

Again, being part of a DEUCE gym is not just about the workout, but the community, and that is not to be undermined. You will be surprised how impactful being surrounded by good high-quality humans can do to your psyche. One of the proudest experiences about being part of DEUCE is exactly that, human connection. As coaches, we continue to pinch ourselves on a daily basis to know that these gyms are full of wonderful humans that, together, make for a magical place. 

There is a lot to be grateful for if you simply look around, here and now.

1/28/22 WOD

DEUCE ATHLETICS GPP

Complete 4 rounds for quality of:

10 Barbell Split Squat (ea)
30 Alternating Knee Tucks – Hollow 
**5 Prone Lying Windmill (ea)

Then, complete the following for time: 

30 Man Makers (45/30) 

2 Block Runs

DEUCE GARAGE GPP

Make 6 attempts at the following:
1 Kneeling Jump to Broad Jump

Complete 4 rounds for quality of:

10 Tempo Bulgarian Split Squats – Left (3131)
10 Tempo Bulgarian Split Squats – Right (3131)
100’ Sled Push

800m Run
———
3 rounds:
15 Box Jumps (24/20)
12 Alt Pistols
9 Chest-to-Bar Pull Ups