Would you own an umbrella that didn’t keep you dry?

Of course, you wouldn’t. To be clear, I’m not talking about a nuanced consideration like you own a great umbrella but don’t have it on you when the rain starts falling. I’m talking about an open umbrella over your head and rain coming right through it. With wet hair, I’d imagine you’d disown such an umbrella. 

That said, millions of Americans have gym memberships that simply won’t get them fit. In many cases, it’s not even about using the gym or not. Men and women all over the country pay a gym membership for years that is structured such that they will never be fit. It’s tragic and bizarre.

Beyond the lack of accountability in the way most gym memberships are structured, even if folks were compliant and swiped their key cards at these institutions, they wouldn’t know what to do or how to do it to drive the adaptation of real fitness qualities once inside the common gym. 

The following question is simple and has profound implications that speak for themselves:

“How long can you have a corporate gym membership and not get fit?”

The answer is a surprisingly long time. I know that at DEUCE Gym, the answer is: not long at all. Keep going!

12/8/21 WOD

DEUCE ATHLETICS GPP

Complete 4 rounds for quality of:

10 Front Food Elevated KB Front Rack Split Squats (each)
8 Roller Push Ups

Then, AMRAP 10

12 DB Power Cleans (50/35)
8 DB Push Presses
6 Renegade Rows

DEUCE GARAGE GPP

5-5-3-3
Sumo Deadlift

Then, complete 4 rounds for quality of:

8 Bulgarian Split Squats (ea)
12-15 Medball Hamstring Curls

Then, complete the following for time: