When It Rains, It Pours

Most of us are familiar with the old adage, “When it rains, it pours”. Usually spoken in commentary on when multiple bad or unfortunate things are happening to us seemingly all at once. We have multiple problems to solve and fires to put out thus causing us to feel overwhelmed at times. But for all you go-getters out there, we know that we must act promptly and solve for these problems. My question for you is how do you move through these challenges?

Years ago I was watching an episode of MythBusters where they were testing the theory of whether running or walking through the rain would leave you “more dry”. What they found was that running in the rain actually leaves you more wet than if you were to just simply walk that same distance. This may seem counterintuitive because you are moving slower but in fact a consistent pace means the rain only hits you from the top instead of from the front and top when you are moving faster while running.

Now this may help you next time you get caught in a rain storm but I more importantly love the metaphor that it provides for life. An encouragement for how we should approach things in life, especially when we are feeling overwhelmed in any way. It inspires a sense of action that requires calmness and patience and a willingness to embrace the storm. Because when problems arise, they need to be handled regardless so why not have some poise?

So again I propose the question, how do you move through life when it feels like its pouring down on you? My challenge to you is one of consistent confidence. Attack your problems methodically in a way that allows you to weather the storm and achieve your desired outcome.

The word of the day… POISE. Have some.

11/5/21 WOD

DEUCE Athletics GPP

Complete the 4 rounds for quality of:

5 Push Press

10-15 Body Saw

Then, complete 2 rounds for quality of:

10-12 Barbell Strict Press**

Then, complete 2 rounds of the following for time:

1 Block Run

30 Double DB Front Squats (45/30)

DEUCE Garage GPP