The World’s Greatest Athlete (and His Insecurity)

Like most larger than life legends, he only needs to go by one name. I’m talking about Prime. That’s “Prime Time” if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. Yes, I’m referring to Deon Sanders. 

He once played an NFL game and an MLB game on the same day. The Hall of Fame football player is one of the most electric players to play the game. To put his dominance into context, Deon Sanders showed up to the pre-draft NFL combine in a limousine and ran a 4.27 second 40-yard dash and continued running out of the venue without completing the rest of the event. He told the New York Giants, who had the 10th pick in the draft, not to bother interviewing him because he wouldn’t be available. 

The reason for the context is what I’m about to tell you isn’t about his accolades or greatest, but rather to point out that even the most gifted athlete alive had strong insecurities. A mutual friend once divulged that “Deon wore four pairs of socks” because he thought his calves were embarrassingly small. 

Keep in mind his “small” calves were the fastest the NFL had ever seen. What’s the point? 

If Neon Deon can have an insecurity about his body, so can you

What you might be insecure about isn’t what separates you from the rest of society. Rather, simply having an insecurity makes you perfectly a part of it. 

Keep going.

9/2/21 WOD

DEUCE ATHLETICS GPP

Complete 4 rounds for quality of:

5 Front Squat (3x1x)
10 Renegade Row

Then, complete 4 rounds every 3:00 of the following:

1 7th Street Corner Sprint
30 Double Unders
8 Burpees

DEUCE BACKLOT GPP

Complete 4 rounds for quality of: