Joining the Short List

We know any path of resistance won’t be popular. The shocking thing, however, is that I bet regardless of how often you’ve heard maxims about our human tendency to take the path of least resistance, you’re likely underestimating exactly how much adversity deters us. 

Not long ago I was speaking with a predominant recording artist whose life was changed with health and fitness, specifically regular exposure to ice baths. This artist owns a vacation property in the Virgin Islands and each year after his tour, he treats his band and crew to a massive vacation to celebrate a successful tour. 

Well, things changed when his life became influenced by health and fitness. Now, the tour begins with two lists. The first list is a list of the entire band and crew names. The second list is a list of who’s been in an ice bath. As the tour progresses, members of the band and crew join the artist for sessions in the ice bath and their names are moved from the non-ice bath list to the ice bath list. You can guess who gets to come on the vacation at the end of the tour.

Now, I’m well aware that the ice is cold, intimidating, and no walk in the park for a new person. However, I think you’d be surprised at how many folks will rationalize not taking on two minutes of adversity in exchange for a much needed, expenses paid vacation. 

Why am I telling you this? Life and the pursuits that are important to you can seem daunting. It’s important that you know how much being willing to try the difficult thing is, in fact, a seperator. While doing the hard thing surely doesn’t guarantee you success, it will put you in rarified air.

10/8/20 WOD

DEUCE ATHLETICS GPP

[Meet at Anderson Park]

DEUCE BACKLOT GPP

[Meet at Pan Pacific Park]

DEUCE GARAGE GPP

10-10-10-10
Snatch Grip RDL

Then, complete 3 rounds for quality of:
12 Alt. Reverse KB Goblet Lunges
20 KB Goblet Squats 
25 KB Swings