Who is George Glass?

If you look at the back of Jill Scott’s platinum debut album Who Is Jill Scott? Words and Sounds Vol. 1 you’ll notice it was mixed by two sound engineers, Serban Ghenea and George Glass. Other than filing that fact in the recesses of your mind for your next trivia night, I’ve got a story for you that I know you’ll resonate with completely.  

While you might know Jazzy Jeff only as the DJ-ing sidekick to Will Smith in Fresh Prince of Bel Aire, he is and was one of the most prolific musicians in hip hop. Period.  With a pedigree that puts him at ground zero for the birth of rap, sampling, studio mastering, DJ culture, and ultimately the top of the Billboard charts, there’s almost no reason to doubt his position on the Mount Rushmore of hip hop music making. 

If not him, then who?

The reason I mention Jazzy Jeff isn’t to shower him with accolades, but rather to tell a relatable story of worthiness. After producing the music that helped him and Will Smith sell millions of records, Jeff shifted his career away from being known as an artist to strictly production. However, despite his platinum-level qualifications to mix album’s like Jill Scott’s platinum debut album, Jazzy Jeff shared in a recent interview that he didn’t feel he’d be accepted as a qualified sound engineer to mix the album. So, you’ll notice that George Glass is credited for mixing the record instead. 

Who is George Glass?

George Glass, of course, is Jan Brady of the Brady Bunch’s imaginary boyfriend. Well played, Jazzy Jeff. Well played. The imposed syndrome infects us all at some point. Frankly, the most qualified (like Jazzy Jeff) can fool themselves into unworthiness. I hope you can see it differently for where your name belongs. 

Keep going. 

1/13/21 WOD

DEUCE ATHLETICS GPP

[Meet at Anderson Park]

DEUCE BACKLOT GPP

[Meet at Pan Pacific Park]

DEUCE GARAGE GPP

8-8-8-8
DB Floor Press

*Athletes complete :20 L-sit hold between sets

Then, complete 3 rounds for quality of:
20 Alt Renegade Rows