Two Hydration Tactics to Start Tomorrow

The summer heat wave is on. We’re all affected by the heat, whether you’re in the shockingly air-conditionless infrastructure of Los Angeles or you’re in the sweltering heat of the south or Midwest. To add insult to injury, let’s be honest, humans are generally poorly hydrated to begin with. 

Personally, I almost never think about hydration. I stereotypically drink water when it feels like an emergency of thirst or it’s in front of me at the table. Call me Johnny Reactive Hydration, when I need to be Johnny Proactive Hydration. We all do. Here are two real tactics to get you hydrated when it matters:

1. Place a glass of water on top of your toilet basin before bed.

Hear me out. Nearly 100% of humans do one thing when they wake up in the morning. We pee. Make the second non-negotiable thing you do be drinking a glass of water, so you can start the hydration race with an early lead.

2. Quit Bullying Sodium.

We made salt and other important minerals villains in the last couple of decades. As a result, many Americans actually take in too little sodium. While hydration isn’t the only thing that suffers from being deficient, this is the hydration blog. While there are tons of sugar-laden, poor ways to get key minerals in your hydration there are a few discerning ones. Here’s a hydration option I feel comfortable recommending. 

Drink up. Your mood, performance, and health will thank you. 

8/24/20 WOD

DEUCE ATHLETICS GPP

[Meet at Anderson Park]

DEUCE BACKLOT GPP

[Meet at Pan Pacific Park]

DEUCE GARAGE GPP

3-3-3
Snatch Balance

EMOM 10
Odd: 2 Depth Jump (from 8″) Broad Jumps
Even: 8 Split Stance Lateral Med Ball Slams (ea)

Then, complete 2 rounds for time of:
6 Hang Snatches (155/105)
24 Alt Pistols
800m Run