[Video] Aesthetics that Walk the Walk

Every single person that enters our community sits down for an hour with a coach. It’s during that time that we talk about the program, we learn about the student, and hammer out some essential details. For most everyone, we talk about aesthetic goals on some level.

It’s an interesting topic for me, especially because DEUCE Gym offers a general physical preparedness CrossFit program to Venice Beach and surrounding communities that, by design, doesn’t account for aesthetic goals. Ironically, our program does a great job of pleasing even the most focused aesthetic and body composition goals. Yet, it still isn’t even a thought when we program our training sessions.

Now, my version of beauty need not be your version of beauty, but many folks do end up experiencing a shift in perspective as they enter this athletic journey with us. It’s my opinion that this shift is one of the most valuable things we can offer. Wanting to be “all show and no go” will always pale in comparison to aesthetics that walk the walk.

Logan Gelbrich

10/9/13 WOD

6 rounds for time of:
6 Pullups
6 Thrusters (95/65)
(5 Minute Cap)

-Rest 5 min-

4 rounds for time of:
9 Pullups
9 Thrusters
(5 Minute Cap)

-Rest 5 Min-