Time Change

The clocks were set back this weekend. So, now it is dark before 5 in the evening, which is a drag in my honest opinion. It makes me want to be asleep at 7 PM. It’s like my internal clock is playing a big joke on me. There are two sides to this predicament, however.

Fall is here!

The other morning morning it was 7AM, the sun was rising over the bluff, it was crystal clear over the bay, dolphins were cruising by, the air was crisp, and it was perfect. This is the time of year that I love to live here. I am not sure where you are from, but where I am from (KC-shout out), it is COLD and I would absolutely not be outside, gettin’ my move on. There are not many places on earth that have the ability to do what we do here.

That being said, I would encourage you to take advantage of these perfect mornings and not let them slip away. After all I don’t ever remember a time that I have seen someone work out at 7AM and not feel alive, and ready to attack their day afterwards. In fact, I believe that the the charge you get from working out early far outweighs the benefit of sleeping in just a few minutes.

I am by no means saying that evening classes are not epic, either. Where else do you see people “getting it in” by the light of streetlights and lamplit parks? This whole experience seems fake (pun intended), and maybe it is to the rest of the planet, but here in the “Nation,” this is just what we do.

Embrace the time change. Embrace your fitness.

Danny Lesslie

——————–

Thrusday’s Workout:

2 rounds for reps of:
1 min. Max Double KB Thrusters (44/26)
-Rest 1 min-
1 min. Max Weighted Sit Ups (25/10)
-Rest 1 Min-
1 min. Max Sandbag Cleans
-Rest 1 min-
1 min. Max 10m Shuttle
-Rest 1 min-