DEUCE: An Official Apology

Oh, boy. I owe you an apology. I must not have been very clear. You see, what we do here isn’t very sexy. It’s not shiny, and it surely isn’t new. I mean, sure, we’ll have fun and all. We will probably change your life as you know it, but this isn’t a novel concept by any means.

We squat, we run, we push, we pull, we throw. We haven’t invented anything and, to be honest, if our training was a car on the used car lot, it’d be the one that’s so old that you’d need to clear the cob webs out of the wheel well. But hey, we’ve got character, right?

Is that not exciting enough for you?

Have no fear, because we are bringing it back. ‘Old school’ can be cool, too. For one thing, it beats the hell out of the Stairmaster and the latest Jillian Michaels DVD.

Just concrete.

Just concrete.

I was just worried for a moment that you came here looking for the ‘Hottest Exercise Trend in 2013.’ If so, you’re in the wrong place. We stick to our guns with tried and true strength and conditioning and, trust me, there’s plenty of material to learn, so you won’t get bored. Any buzz you have about our training methods can still be enjoyed in the results they yield.

I hope I didn’t disappoint too much. See you around the gym!

Logan Gelbrich

8/15/13 WOD

Complete 3 rounds for time of:
400m Run
20 Front Squats (95/65)
10 Strict Pull Ups