Options

Options are almost always good. Sometimes having too many options can trip us up (SEE: the menu at Cheesecake Factory), but otherwise they’re quite helpful. Hell, we love them so much there’s a whole category of financial trading devoted to buying and selling options. In our space, also known as the physical fitness space, the verdict is in. The more we are capable of doing, the better.

Our general physical preparedness (GPP) program is unapologetically broad in scope. What do we give up in doing so? We give up gold medals at endurance races, body building shows, and powerlifting meets. What do we get in doing so?

Options.

The next time friends want to go on a white water rafting trip, of course, you don’t have to go but according to your fitness you sure as hell could. Moving? Easy. Rec league ultimate frisbee? No problem. Random drunken piggy back rides? Hop on!

We’re not just talking about training broad, basic movement but equally broad, basic freedoms. I’ve never felt like I couldn’t do anything because of a lack in fitness, and let me tell you what power this liberating feeling is.

Logan Gelbrich

@functionalcoach

6/13/16 WOD

Spend 10 minutes on the gymnastic kip..

Then, find a heavy sumo box squat..

Then, complete 2 rounds for reps of:

AMRAP 3

200m Run

Max Kettle Bell Swings (53/35)

-Rest 1 min-