Dig, Dig, Dig

Are you doing your mobility? Are you taking your Fish Oil? Are you drinking enough water daily? Are you getting your rest?

I know that you want a faster mile time. I know that you want to deadlift 400lbs, I know that you want a faster “Grace” time. I know that you want a muscle up. I know that you want your shoulder to get better.

“Dig the well before you are thirsty.”
— Chinese Proverb

There are certain things that we can do to make our fitness journey much easier. They are not the most fun, but they allow much faster growth. This chinese proverb cannot be more right on.

Think about the IT band that you never foam roll, and the knee that feels out of whack after a jump rope workout. Think about the pain that you have in your low back, and the lacrosse ball that sits in the bucket at the gym every day. Five minutes with the lacrosse ball and your glute, and this low back pain may not be there. One of these times, this pain is going to become enough that you will take time away from the gym, and this is where the progress gets halted. This is a much needed break that is your body stepping in saying, “Hey man, you need to pay attention to me.” This is the time to readjust your mindset to include a bit more recovery.

Just a tiny bit of digging before and after you play may save you. Each decade we have in our lives, the digging becomes more important. Our bodies are made to move, and we need to make sure that we take care of them along the way. Unfortunately, we are not all teenagers that seem to get by on no sleep and pizza anymore. Pay a bit of attention to the recovery side of things, and enjoy some quality movement, and less pain. If you need help, let us know. Your coaches are here for you.

Danny Lesslie

@dannylesslie

11/11/14 WOD

1-1-1-1-1-1-1
Jerk

Then, complete 10 rounds for reps of:
:30 Max DB Hang Power Clean and Presses (45/30)
-Rest :30-