[VIDEO] Osmosis: A Human Effect

“You are who you hang out with.”

I can’t event begin to fathom how many times I heard my dad tell me that as a kid. It wasn’t really a problem or anything, but I think he wanted to get his point across. He did.

You see there’s this osmosis-like effect that people have on us and who we become. Whether you want them to or not, the folks that surround you in your life will rub off on you. Proximity is a powerful thing.

Guaranteed.

The only required tools.

The only required tools.

What’s cool about this concept is that it’s not so much about who you are, how fit you are, or what you can do. It’s more accurately about who you’re becoming, how fit you’re going to be, and what your striving to do. It’s as egalitarian as it gets. If you’re motivated, you’re in. No one here cares about where you are. It’s all about where you’re going.

So, like my dad always said, “You are who you hang out with.” I am overwhelmed with gratitude for being able to live a life in which I only deal with motivated individuals. I’m literally immersed in people that simply want to be better.

And, guess what?

They rub off on me. And, they will rub off on you, too. Don’t underestimate the power of your surroundings. Jumping into an environment like this will make you better whether you like it or not.

Logan Gelbrich

8/16/13 WOD

AMRAP 3
40 Wall Balls
30 Goblet Squats (70/53)
20 Hand Release Push Ups
10 Box Jumps (30/24)
Run 400m

-Rest 2 Minutes-

AMRAP 5

-Rest 2 Minutes-

Complete the workout for time