Chi Check on Aisle 2

If you have siblings, have opened a gift with others around, and/or are competitive, buckle up. You can probably relate to this.

I was five. It was Christmas morning. Objectively and subjectively, Santa crushed it that year. Well, except that my younger brother, Bobby, got a Big Wheel and I didn’t. (I’ve linked the damn tricycle so you can see how ridiculous this was.) Needless to say, I was so distraught I didn’t get one too that the next day, my parents took me to Toys R Us to get my own.

As semi-mortified as I am to share this story, I share it because it wasn’t about the bike. More importantly, I share it to prompt you to reflect on your own experiences where you may have gotten upset about one thing, when the problem needing resolution was something else entirely.

If you’ve ever tweaked a muscle and sought out body work to address it, you’ve likely learned that what you thought was the trouble area was actually a symptom of trouble, in another area. For example, maybe you thought your low back was the issue, but it turned out that your glutes were actually weak, or not properly engaged. Alternatively, maybe you thought a poor performance was the result of “not trying hard enough”, when really, it was a matter of being under-recovered. I’m generalizing here, but you get the point.

Now, whether you speak fluently in vibes or mana or chakras or meridians doesn’t matter. Grasping the interconnectedness of energy throughout your body is the moral of the story here. Moreover, remember that while we have the capacity to communicate about different systems in our body as if they are separate from one another, not a single individual part of us functions like that.  

I was pissed about not getting a Big Wheel as a little kid because I wanted to have a gift to play with that gave me as much joy as it did for my brother – better yet, as the second oldest of four, I wanted to be seen. Feeling pain in a particular area of your body? Feeling stuck to connect with a particular person or thing?

Check your Chi.

3/30/21 WOD

DEUCE ATHLETICS GPP

Complete 4 rounds  for quality of:
12 DB RDLs + DB Bent Over Row
21 Hollow Rocks

Complete the following for time:
4 rounds:
Run 200m
-Rest 2 Min-

Then, 4 rounds:
Run 100m  
-Rest :90-

DEUCE BACKLOT GPP

Complete 5 rounds for quality of:
5 Tempo Bent Rows (40X0)
10 Seated DB Presses

Then, EMOM 5
5-7 Strict Chest-to-Bar Pull Ups 

Then, complete 3 rounds for quality of:
10 Bar Kips

Then, complete 2 rounds for time of:
10 Hang Power Cleans + 10 Jerks (135/95)
100 Double Unders
25 Burpees

DEUCE GARAGE GPP

Take 10 minutes to build to a 1RM strict press..

Then, compete 3 rounds for quality of:
8 Tempo 1-Arm DB Push Presses (ea)
10 Rev Grip Inverted Rows
12 Plate Front Raises

Then, complete 4 rounds of the following for reps:
In :90..
5 Deadlifts (185/125)
3 Hang Cleans
Max Double Unders
-Rest 3 Min-

Then, complete 2 rounds for quality of:
50 Band Pull Aparts