A Made Up Reality.

You realize this is all made up, right? All of it. I get reminded of this every so often in shocking ways because I’m an insane person or because I don’t have a real job or both.

Here’s what I mean. It’s quite possible to live your entire life and never understand the truth of what I’m saying because of the structures that someone else has built into your life. 

It goes like this. You go to grade school and you have a certain place to be at a certain time. You have certain tasks to be done a certain way. You get older and do much of the same during high school and into college. From there you jump into a career that works the exact same way. While there is nothing wrong with this, it creates a faux structure in your reality. Remove those structures and things get squirrely fast. Soon meals may or may not happen. Work easily doesn’t get done. Processes don’t exist. “Friday” loses a meaning it once had. You get the picture.

Structures help us make sense of a reality that isn’t so easy to pin down, so rather than get into esoteric debates about what is and isn’t real we can use structures to make things real. Just before I wrote this blog I made up an internal process for my business. Where previously nothing existed, something now exists. It’s real. It’s only real, though, because I wrote it down. I made it up and you’d be surprised at how much you can simply make up

Want to live or work a certain way? Make it up!

NOTES:

Daily Coaching Video

6/14/20 WOD

Then, complete 4 rounds for quality of:

12 Lateral Split Squats

12 Air Squats

12 Supine Twists

Then, complete 5 rounds for quality of:

20 Bulgarian Split Squat (ea)

:30 Bulgarian Split Squat Iso Hold

Then, complete 3 rounds for quality of:

12 Opp Side Deadbugs